Dr. Junsong Chen is Professor of Marketing at emlyon business school, Assistant Dean of emlyon Asia campus, and Academic Director of Executive Education. Dr. Chen obtained his Ph.D. in Marketing from University of Birmingham, UK in 2003 and later joined the Marketing Faculty of China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) where he has served for ten years. He has lectured on Consumer Behaviour, Consumer Decision-Making, Customer Experience Management, Chinese Consumers for more than 20 MBA and EMBA programmes from China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai Jiaotong University, Tongji University, Rice University (US), ESADE Business School (Spain), ESCP Business School (France), AVT Business School (Denmark) etc. Dr. Chen received the qualification from International Teacher’s Program (ITP), which is hosted jointly by 11 distinguished business schools including Harvard, Wharton, HEC, INSEAD, CEIBS etc. He has also provided consultancy and training for more than 70 international and listed companies in China.
Dr. Chen has received many rewards granted by China Natural Science Foundation, State Education Ministry of China, Committee of Vice-Chancellors and Principals of Universities of the United Kingdom, etc. His work has been published in leading international journals, including International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Business Ethics, Industrial Marketing Management, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Research, Journal of World Business, Journal of Services Marketing, Journal of Brand Management. He is the author of the book – Marketing Management in Asia, and has 15 cases published in Europe Case Clearing House (ECCH). Some of the cases have been the bestselling case at CEIBS. Dr. Chen is the column-writer of some leading Chinese business website and magazines, including Sina Finance, China Marketing, and Harvard Business Review (Chinese). He has been often invited by the media like BBC, CCTV, Economist, to comment on China market dynamic and consumption trend. He is the Guest Editor of Journal of World Business and he is also in the Editorial Review Board of Journal of Global Academy of Marketing Science (JGAMS), Journal of Marketing Science (in Chinese), and Journal of Customer Behavior.
Bang Nguyen, Junsong Chen, Pantea Foroudi, Xiaoyu Yu, Cheng-Hao Steve Chen, Dorothy Ai-wan Yen(2020), Effect of CRM Strategy on Relationship Commitment and New Product Development: Mediating Effects of Learning from Failure, Journal of Strategic Marketing, https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2020.1807590, forthcoming
Narissara Sujchaphong, Bang Nguyen, T. C. Melewar, Pakorn Sujchaphong, and Junsong Chen (2020), A Framework of Brand-centred Training and Development Activities, Transformational Leadership and Employee Brand Support in Higher Education, Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 27, pp. 143-159.
Jintao Wu, Junsong Chen, Wenyu Dou and Dan Shao (2019), What to Say on Social Media and How, Journal of Service Theory and Practice, Vol. 29, No. 5/6, pp. 691-707.
- Tae-Yeol Kim, Jie Wang and Junsong Chen (2018), Mutual Trust between Leader and Subordinate and Employee Outcomes, Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 149, Issue 4, pp 945-958.
- Jintao Wu, Junsong Chen, and Wenyu Dou (2017), Internet of Things and Interaction Style: The Effect of Smart Interaction on Brand Attachment, Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 33, Issue 1-2, pp 61-75.
- Yin Yu, Fengjie Jing, Bang Nguyen, Junsong Chen (2016), As Time Goes By… Maintaining Longitudinal Satisfaction: A Perspective of Hedonic Adaptation, Journal of Services Marketing (A journal, in ABDC ranking), Vol. 30, Issue 1, pp 63-74.
- Bang Nguyen, Xiaoyu Yu, T.C. Melewar, and Junsong Chen (2015), Brand Innovation and Social Media: Knowledge Acquisition From Social Media, Market Orientation, and the Moderating Role of Social Media Strategic Capability, Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 51, November, pp11-25.
- Jintao Wu, Na Wen, Wenyu Dou, and Junsong Chen (2015), Exploring the Effectiveness of Consumer Creativity in Online Marketing Communications, European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 49, No. 1/2, pp 262-276.
- Junsong Chen, Bang Nguyen and Phil Klaus (2013), Public affairs in China: exploring the role of brand fairness perceptions in the case of Mercedes-Benz, Journal of Public Affairs, 13, No. 4, pp 403-414.
- Matthew Yeung, Bala Ramasamy, Junsong Chen, and Stan Paliwoda (2013), Customer Satisfaction and Aggregate Consumption: Empirical Evidence from Selected European Countries, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp406-416.
- Bala Ramasamy, Matthew Yeung, and Junsong Chen, (2013), Selling to the Urban Chinese in East Asia: Do Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Value Orientation Matter? Journal of Business Research, 66, No. 12, pp 2485-2491.
- Sylvie Laforet and Junsong Chen (2012), Chinese and British Consumers’ Evaluation of Chinese and International Brands and Factors Affecting Their Choice, Journal of World Business, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp 54-63.