7 months, full time, CDD contract (March – September 2021)
The Lifestyle Research Centre is a vibrant research center at emlyon that has over 20 members – most of them researchers and experts in fields of consumption, marketing, branding, sociology and management. The center has developed a partnership with Club Med, through which it has been collecting data on service experiences, from consumer and worker point of view, using qualitative methods, including ethnographic methods. Past field work has been conducted at Club Med villages in Europe, Africa and Asia since 2013. The results of this ongoing research is reported to Club Med executives and also in leading academic journals. The team is looking for a research assistant (RA) to join them, offering a unique opportunity to learn about research work in practice with relevance to consulting, managerial, and academic fields of expertise.
The goal of the RA will be to contribute to ongoing research projects by assisting the team and to contribute more broadly to the activities and visibility of the LRC.
More specifically, the tasks involved will be the following:
- Participation in data collection and organization of the fieldwork
- Data analysis and reporting of findings
- Contribution to relationship with partner company
- Organization of database
- Review of literature on ongoing lifestyle changes in consumer and marketing research, sociology and cultural studies
- Contribution to the center’s activities more broadly, including organization of events and communication
- Master’s degree (marketing, management, sociology, or anthropology)
- Interest for research-oriented work or potential PhD studies
- Knowledge and practice of methods for collecting and analyzing qualitative data
- Ability to read and analyze academic literature
- Fluency in English and French
- Knowledge and practice of ethnographic methods is a plus
- Knowledge and practice of quantitative methods is a plus
- Interest for consumers’ and workers’ experience is a plus
The Lifestyle Research Centre will provide training to qualitative methods and tools.
Please send application (CV + coverletter) to Brigitte Auriacombe