Lifestyle Research Centre at emlyon business school is looking to fill a 6 months (+ 6 months) Research Assistant position starting in September 2019. The position is open to CDD or internship contracts.
The Lifestyle Research Centre of emlyon business school has developed an ongoing partnership with Club Med, through which it has been collecting data on consumer and worker experience, using different qualitative methods, in particular ethnographic methods, in different villages in Europe, Africa and Asia since 2013. Researchers of the LRC are currently working on several research projects based on this data; other projects should be initiated in the coming months.
The primary goal of the RA will be to contribute to these projects by assisting the researchers running them. The RA will also assist researchers of the LRC working on other projects, and more broadly, will contribute to the activities and visibility of the LRC.
More specifically, the tasks involved will be the following:
- Organize the data collected in the Club Med field in a shared database
- Collect data on the context of the field (Club Med)
- Participate to data collection, either by joining the field work organized by the researchers, or running separate field work
- Participate to data analysis
- Run literature reviews, both academic and managerial, on lifestyle changes in the fields of sociology and cultural studies, in particular in emerging consumer markets
- Reinforce the visibility of the research activities of the LRC and participate to the communication of the LRC
- Master’s degree (management, sociology or anthropology) with an interest for research in the area of services and consumer experience
- Knowledge and practice of qualitative methods for data collection and analysis; knowledge of ethnography is a plus
- Knowledge and practice of simple statistical methods to organise and analyse qualitative data, including excel
- Ability to read and analyse academic literature
- Fluency in English and French are required; fluency in Chinese is a plus
- Knowledge of new consumer markets (China, India, Africa) is a plus
- Past experience of Club Med field work is a plus.
The Lifestyle Research Centre will provide training to the Nvivo software (for qualitative data analysis).
Please send application (CV + cover letter + examples of research projects) to Brigitte Auriacombe, before 1/07/2019.